David Burr are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time. Any third parties we refer to have signed a data protection agreement with us to ensure their GDPR compliance. These companies include:
- Kall Kwik Bury St Edmunds
- Goodlord Go
- Verified Maintenance Contractors
- Elsoms Inventories
- Verismart Inventories
- Verified photographers
- Verified surveyors
- Verified Energy Performance Assessors
- Vendors / Potential purchasers for viewing purposes
- Richard Sexton Company Accountant
- Verified financial institutions and mortgage brokers
- Verified Surveyors
- Verified Insurance brokers
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We use software providers including but not limited to BriefYourMarket, Jupix and Campaign Monitor to store and send you information regarding property news and updates.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Retention of data
Under RICS Regulations, data will be held for 8 years.
Location of Personal Data
The CRM software ‘Jupix’ is used for holding your information. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
If you believe that there is a problem with the way your data is being handled please contact the Information Commissioners Office.